Friday, September 21, 2007

にばん

こんいちは
I've been at UVA almost a month. I'm having a little trouble adjusting. I miss my friends the most. I guess I should go out and start doing things to get to know people. Japanese is tough. I always feel like I understand whats going on, but sometimes something will happen and I'll miss something important. But I don't feel lost. Katakana is very difficult to use. I can't seem to make English words Japanese and vice versa. But I'll just have to keep at it. I get stressed kind of easily so I have to stay on top of things. Now I really wanted to write something in Japanese, but with everything I've learned this chapter I can't say things with out it asking the price of something random or telling you "Meat is delicious!" Hopefully next blog I'll be able to write a lot in Japanese. For now here is a little about my family.
わたしのおかあさんはかいしゃいんです。わたしのおとうさんもかいしゃいんです。 おかあさんはアメリカじんです。 おとうさんもアメリカじんです。おとうさんわごじゅうさいです。おかさんもごじゅさいじゃありません。
じゃあまた
ローレン・リレー

2 comments:

Sato said...

Great entry in Japanese! I hope by now you have a better idea of transcribing words in English to Katakana!

がんばってください(Hang in there/good luck/do the best)!

PS. I remember missing my high-school friends badly in the second month of my first year in college. I went to a college which is in the western part of Japan while all of my friends went to school in Tokyo which is in the east. But now, my best friends are mainly from college!

Riley said...

Thank you for the comment. I think I'm getting much more used to Japanese. I struggled a lot through chapter two but the third seems to be going better.